Flame Resistant 5.5 oz. Cotton Blend Dress Uniform Shirts
FR Fabric Information
- Fabric: EXCEL FR ComforTouch Flame-resistant, 5.5 oz. (185 g/m2) 88% Cotton / 12% Nylon
- Hazard Risk Category: HRC1
- Protection: Arc Rating ATPV 6.9 calories/cm2
- Laundry Care: Industrial, Light Soil and Home Wash
- Banded, topstitched collar
- Topstitched cuffs with button closures
- Tailored sleeve placket
- Full sideseam gusset
- Manufactured by Bulwark Protective Apparel, a division of VF Imagewear
Excel-FR™ Comfortouch is an FR cotton/nylon blend fabric consisting of a 75% cotton / 25% nylon warp and a 100% cotton fill. The resulting fabric has an overall blend level of 88% cotton / 12% nylon and is designed to provide increased abrasion resistance compared to 100% cotton. The fabrics are finished with the ammonia cure process.
Applications Nearly all areas involving ferrousmetals such as foundries, flame cutting, welding, etc. Other possible applications include electrical utilities, and chemical, oil, gas, and petro-chemical industries.
Not Recommended For Use around molten "white metals" such as aluminum, magnesium, or zinc, or for use in critical static control operations. Use of phosphorus containing flame resistant cotton is not recommended in chemical operations where contact with strong oxidizers (e.g., > 10% sodium hypochlorite, NaOCI) or reducing agents (e.g.,sodium hydrosulfite, Na, S; 04) is a consideration.
Flame-Resistance Excel-FR™ garments are permanently treated for life-of-the-garment durability.