Flame Resistant Excel-FR 14 oz. Denim Jean
FR Fabric Information
- Fabric: EXCEL FR Flame-resistant, 14.75 oz. (500 g/m2) 100% Cotton Denim
- Hazard Risk Category: HRC2
- Protection: Arc Rating ATPV 20.7 calories/cm2
- Laundry Care: Industrial, Light Soil and Home Wash
- One-piece waistband with button closure
- Five jean-style pockets
- Two-needle felled seam construction
- Soft pre-wash comfort and look
- All sizes have 37" unfinished inseams
- Meets the requirements of NFPA 2112, Standard for Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire, 2012 Edition; EN ISO 11612:2008, Protective clothing against heat and flame; EN 340:2003, Protective clothing - General requirements; and IEC 61482-2:2009, Live working - Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electric arc
- Manufactured by Bulwark Protective Apparel, a division of VF Imagewear
Excel-FR™ is a trademark of Bulwark for FR cotton fabrics produced with the gaseous ammonia or THPOH-NH reaction. This process forms a high molecular weight polymer within the cotton itself. Cotton is soft and widely viewed as the most comfortable fiber. The ammonia cure flame resistant process has only a minor affect on either fabric hand or performance characteristics.
Applications Most areas involving ferrous metals such as foundries, flame cutting, welding, etc. Also used in electrical utilities and chemical, oil, gas, and petro-chemical industries.
Not Recommended For Use around molten "white metals"such as aluminum, magnesium, or zinc or for use in critical static control operations. Ammonia cure garments should not be worn in chemical operations where contact with strong oxidizers (e.g.,>10% sodium hypochlorite, NaOCI) or reducing agents (e.g., sodiumhydrosulfite, Na, S, 04) is a consideration.
Flame Resistance Excel-FR™ garments are permanently treated for life-of-the-garment durability.