Flame Resistant Excel-FR Comfortouch Blend Dungaree
- Fabric: EXCEL FR ComforTouch Flame-resistant, 11.0 oz. (390 g/m2) 88% Cotton / 12% Nylon, Water Repellant
- Hazard Risk Category: HRC2
- Protection: Arc Rating ATPV 14.6 calories/cm2
- Laundry Care: Industrial, Light Soil and Home Wash
- One-piece waistband with button closure
- Five jean-style pockets
- Two deep scoop pockets, two oversized reinforced hip pockets, rule pocket and utility pocket on right leg, hammer loop and utility pocket on left leg
- Triple needle felled outseam
- Meets the requirements of NFPA 2112, Standard for Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire, 2012 Edition
- Manufactured by Bulwark Protective Apparel, a division of VF Imagewear
Excel-FR™ Comfortouch is an FR cotton/nylon blend fabric consisting of a 75% cotton / 25% nylon warp and a 100% cotton fill. The resulting fabric has an overall blend level of 88% cotton / 12% nylon and is designed to provide increased abrasion resistance compared to 100% cotton. The fabrics are finished with the ammonia cure process.
Applications Nearly all areas involving ferrousmetals such as foundries, flame cutting, welding, etc. Other possible applications include electrical utilities, and chemical, oil, gas, and petro-chemical industries.
Not Recommended For Use around molten "white metals" such as aluminum, magnesium, or zinc, or for use in critical static control operations. Use of phosphorus containing flame resistant cotton is not recommended in chemical operations where contact with strong oxidizers (e.g., > 10% sodium hypochlorite, NaOCI) or reducing agents (e.g.,sodium hydrosulfite, Na, S; 04) is a consideration.
Flame-Resistance Excel-FR™ garments are permanently treated for life-of-the-garment durability.