Flame Resistant Excel-FR Comfortouch Parka
FR Fabric Information
- Fabric: Outershell: EXCEL FR ComforTouch Flame-resistant 7 oz. (235 g/m2) Twill 88% Cotton / 12% Nylon, Water repellant, Lining: 100% Cotton, Insulation: 12 oz. (405 g/m2) 100% Modacrylic
- Hazard Risk Category: HRC4
- Protection: Arc Rating ATPV 43.3 calories/cm2
- Laundry Care: Industrial, Light Soil and Home Wash
- Two-way separating extra heavy duty Nomex taped brass zipper, fully covered with insulated storm flap concealed snap closure
- Fully insulated stand-up collar
- Knit Nomex storm cuff, within hemmed sleeve end with hook and loop suppression tabs
- Three large external patch pockets with concealed snap (lower pocket with hand warmers) one inside chest pocket, sleeve pocket
- Deep pleated action back
- Elastic inserts at waist across back
- Inside zipper guards on all zippers
- Internal snow belt
- Accommodates snap-on hood HLH2 (sold separately)
- Meets the requirements of NFPA 2112, Standard for Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire, 2012 Edition
Excel-FR™ Comfortouch is an FR cotton/nylon blend fabric consisting of a 75% cotton / 25% nylon warp and a 100% cotton fill. The resulting fabric has an overall blend level of 88% cotton / 12% nylon and is designed to provide increased abrasion resistance compared to 100% cotton. The fabrics are finished with the ammonia cure process.
Applications Nearly all areas involving ferrousmetals such as foundries, flame cutting, welding, etc. Other possible applications include electrical utilities, and chemical, oil, gas, and petro-chemical industries.
Not Recommended For Use around molten "white metals" such as aluminum, magnesium, or zinc, or for use in critical static control operations. Use of phosphorus containing flame resistant cotton is not recommended in chemical operations where contact with strong oxidizers (e.g., > 10% sodium hypochlorite, NaOCI) or reducing agents (e.g.,sodium hydrosulfite, Na, S; 04) is a consideration.
Flame-Resistance Excel-FR™ garments are permanently treated for life-of-the-garment durability.